Foreign National Loans Washington DC
Rates Starting at 10%
West Forest Capital provides hard money private loans for foreign nationals, financing real estate investments up to $5 million. We are the fastest hard money lender for foreign nationals. Our document requirements are only related to the property – we understand that foreign nationals may not have US credit history, income, or banking records.
- We are a direct lender, not a broker
- Same day pre-approval
- Funding in 3 – 14 days depending on the property
- We are able to use existing appraisals on a case-by-case basis
- Loan amounts up to $5 million
|$100,000 to $5,000,000
|Up to 80% of purchase price
|Up to 70% of the ARV
|Standard is 12 months. 24-36 months is available
|First lien; second lien as additional collateral only
|1.5–2% of the loan amount
Recently Funded Hard Money Loans
We made a Florida hard money loan to a client who purchased a three-bedroom, three-bathroom condo in a sought after building in Naples, Florida. Our client’s strategy was to generate returns by using the property for seasonal and short-term Airbnb rentals, which would generate higher ROIs vs. an annual lease. We provided a hard money loan of 71.8% of the purchase price, and our client self-funded light rehab, mostly cosmetic in nature. Our client repaid our loan with a paydown generated from the sale of another property. At the time of paydown, the property experienced appreciation of nearly $63k.
New York, NY
This New York hard money loan was made to a client who owned an existing building in Manhattan. The building consists of six full floor condominiums, and our loan was collateralized by one of the units. At the time of our loan, there was no existing debt on the building. Our loan consisted of two parts: $1.1m at closing for general renovation and upgrading of the building (including replacing the elevator) and $200k specifically used to rehab the subject property. After the extensive upgrades were completed, the unit was put on the market and sold for $4.6m, an increase of $650k from the original appraisal. Our loan was paid off with a portion of the proceeds from the sale.
Our client utilized a hard money loan in Miami, Florida to fix and flip this property in Surfside. We funded 72.5% of the purchase price, and 100% of the $110,000 rehab budget. Our client spent approximately 5 months renovating the house, and thereafter, the property sold within a week of being on the market. The closing took place approximately a month later, and although the loan was only outstanding for 6 months, there was no prepayment penalty assessed. Our loan was paid back with a portion of the proceeds from the sale, netting our client north of $200k after accounting for all holding and closing costs.
Why Use a Hard Money Loan
- If you need funding fast. As non-US Citizen, a typical bank may take months to review your loan application. If you have put down a deposit on a property, you face losing the deposit unless you can get a fast mortgage to close the loan. We can help in these situations by funding within 5 days. In fact, we have previously funded a loan in just 1 day!
- You lack the required documentation. Sometimes, it’s not a question of time, but the difficulty in producing the documents that a US bank requires to fund your mortgage. You may not have an established credit history in the US, a US address, or be able to show US income. The good news is that we do not require a credit history or such documentation for Foreign National real estate investors.
- There is an issue with the property. As a Foreign National, construction funding may be harder to obtain from a bank. If you are considering purchasing an investment property that is not completed or needs rehab, we will be able to help by providing you a hard money loan while the property is stabilized.
- If you would like a US LLC or Corporation to own the property. A traditional bank is likely to require that a Foreign National real estate investor is listed directly on the mortgage. If you prefer to purchase your real estate investment property in a corporate entity such as an LLC, not only do we prefer that as well, we actually require it. A perfect match!
Why Choose a Foreign National Hard Money Loan in Washington DC
As the Capital of the United States, there is a substantial international community in Washington DC. In fact, nearly every county in the world has some sort of representation in the district. The combination of politics, consulting, and the associated service sectors keep demand high for all types of housing. One of the main draws of Washington DC is the stability of the real estate market, with steady appreciation as the norm, and any declines in value (including during recessions) very mild or non-existent. As such, foreign national demand for real estate is high. Foreign national buyers often seek investment properties in Du Pont Circle, Logan Circle, or Georgetown. In addition, we have also seen a rise for hard money loan from Foreign national real estate investors in Arlington, VA.
We specialize in helping foreign nationals buy investment properties in Washington DC. Not only are we knowledgeable about the area, but our understanding of the immigration process provides you with an additional resource to assist you with your mortgage loan.
Financing your Washington DC Investment Property as a Foreign National
As a foreign national real estate investor, you are not required to have a job or credit history in the US; in fact, you do not even need a bank account. What we look for instead is equity in the property. That is, if you are purchasing the real estate, we need a substantial downpayment, and if you are looking for a cash-out refi loan, then you must maintain enough “skin in the game, so that there is enough cushion between the property value and loan amount to withstand a market downturn. We fund different types of scenarios, from fix and flip opportunities to business partner buy-outs and rescue “bailout” financing. Whether you are buying an investment property to establish roots in the US, or doing so purely for capital preservation purposes, we can help fund your loan. Since it is a business purpose loan, we do require that your property is held in an LLC rather than your personal name.
Asset-backed Lender Focused on Foreign Nationals
We provide hard money mortgage loans for Washington DC foreign national real estate investors. Depending on the collateral, we can finance 100% of the purchase price and rehab amount, but typically we require a downpayment equal to 30% of the purchase price. On a cash-out refi, we can lend 55-65% LTV. Your clients do not need to have residency status or be on a visa in the US.
West Forest Capital also offers the longest private money loan available on the market for foreign national investors (3 years). This is a useful product that provides time to stabilize the property or work on your immigration situation, while already owning an investment property in Washington DC.
Get in touch with us today if you are a foreign national investor looking to purchase real estate in Washington DC. Once we connect and discuss your investment, we will be able to provide you with a commitment letter as needed. We can fund most loans within 12 days.