Foreign National Loans Fort Lauderdale
Rates Starting at 10%
West Forest Capital provides hard money private loans for foreign nationals, financing real estate investments up to $5 million. We are the fastest hard money lender for foreign nationals. Our document requirements are only related to the property – we understand that foreign nationals may not have US credit history, income, or banking records.
- We are a direct lender, not a broker
- Same day pre-approval
- Funding in 3 – 14 days depending on the property
- We are able to use existing appraisals on a case-by-case basis
- Loan amounts up to $5 million
|$100,000 to $5,000,000
|Up to 80% of purchase price
|Up to 70% of the ARV
|Standard is 12 months. 24-36 months is available
|First lien; second lien as additional collateral only
|1.5–2% of the loan amount
Recently Funded Hard Money Loans
We made a Florida hard money loan to a client who purchased a three-bedroom, three-bathroom condo in a sought after building in Naples, Florida. Our client’s strategy was to generate returns by using the property for seasonal and short-term Airbnb rentals, which would generate higher ROIs vs. an annual lease. We provided a hard money loan of 71.8% of the purchase price, and our client self-funded light rehab, mostly cosmetic in nature. Our client repaid our loan with a paydown generated from the sale of another property. At the time of paydown, the property experienced appreciation of nearly $63k.
New York, NY
This New York hard money loan was made to a client who owned an existing building in Manhattan. The building consists of six full floor condominiums, and our loan was collateralized by one of the units. At the time of our loan, there was no existing debt on the building. Our loan consisted of two parts: $1.1m at closing for general renovation and upgrading of the building (including replacing the elevator) and $200k specifically used to rehab the subject property. After the extensive upgrades were completed, the unit was put on the market and sold for $4.6m, an increase of $650k from the original appraisal. Our loan was paid off with a portion of the proceeds from the sale.
Our client utilized a hard money loan in Miami, Florida to fix and flip this property in Surfside. We funded 72.5% of the purchase price, and 100% of the $110,000 rehab budget. Our client spent approximately 5 months renovating the house, and thereafter, the property sold within a week of being on the market. The closing took place approximately a month later, and although the loan was only outstanding for 6 months, there was no prepayment penalty assessed. Our loan was paid back with a portion of the proceeds from the sale, netting our client north of $200k after accounting for all holding and closing costs.
Why Use a Hard Money Loan
- If you need funding fast. As non-US Citizen, a typical bank may take months to review your loan application. If you have put down a deposit on a property, you face losing the deposit unless you can get a fast mortgage to close the loan. We can help in these situations by funding within 5 days. In fact, we have previously funded a loan in just 1 day!
- You lack the required documentation. Sometimes, it’s not a question of time, but the difficulty in producing the documents that a US bank requires to fund your mortgage. You may not have an established credit history in the US, a US address, or be able to show US income. The good news is that we do not require a credit history or such documentation for Foreign National real estate investors.
- There is an issue with the property. As a Foreign National, construction funding may be harder to obtain from a bank. If you are considering purchasing an investment property that is not completed or needs rehab, we will be able to help by providing you a hard money loan while the property is stabilized.
- If you would like a US LLC or Corporation to own the property. A traditional bank is likely to require that a Foreign National real estate investor is listed directly on the mortgage. If you prefer to purchase your real estate investment property in a corporate entity such as an LLC, not only do we prefer that as well, we actually require it. A perfect match!
Why Choose a Foreign National Hard Money Loan in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is a thriving city consisting of an ever-expanding corporate sector, mixed with a substantial number of leisure activities. Featuring Las Olas, as an entertainment center point, the city also hosts an international boat show, along with the famous Fort Lauderdale beach. As such, Fort Lauderdale is an attractive location for foreign national real estate investors. The city also has a diverse housing stock (ranging from condos to waterfront homes), which provides many residential options to international real estate buyers.
We finance foreign national real estate investors worldwide. Utilizing our hard money loans, Venezuelan, Colombian and other South American real estate investors can purchase investment property in Fort Lauderdale. Similarly, German, Italian, Spanish, UK, or French nationals, along with other Western European investors, are eligible for our real estate financing loans. But we don’t stop there – Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, and Eastern European buyers will qualify, as will international real estate investors from Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel and the Middle East and Africa.
Financing your Fort Lauderdale Investment Property as a Foreign National
We do not require a US credit history or tax returns to fund your real estate purchase. In fact, we can even work with borrowers that do not have a US bank account. Our Fort Lauderdale foreign national hard money loans are determined by the purchase price of the real estate investment (including 100% of renovation costs). On a cash-out refinancing, the loan amount is based on the as-is value of the property. We can provide foreign nationals with a hard money loan in a wide variety of scenarios. For example, clients may need a fast closing, or an alternative source of funds after a bank turn down. Our business purpose loans are made to an LLC that the foreign national investor controls. Any properties owned in a personal name must be transferred to an LLC prior to the loan being made (this is very simple and inexpensive to do).
Asset-backed Lender Focused on Foreign Nationals
We provide hard money loans, backed by real estate collateral, to foreign nationals in Fort Lauderdale. Although we typically require substantial equity in the property for a purchase or a cash-out refi, if additional collateral is pledged, we can finance 100% of the value of the main property. We can work with borrowers that do not have any citizenship or permanent residency status in the US.
West Forest Capital also offers the longest private money loan available on the market for foreign national investors (3 years). This term longer term Fort Lauderdale hard money loan provides additional time for foreign investors to bridge their financing and fulfill any immigration requirements and provide the documentation needed (credit, income, taxes) to refinance the loan with a US bank.
Get in touch with us if you are a foreign national seeking a hard money loan in the Fort Lauderdale area. To expedite your real estate purchase, we can provide a same day commitment letter and/or term sheet.