Foreign National Loans Boston
Rates Starting at 10%
West Forest Capital provides hard money private loans for foreign nationals, financing real estate investments up to $5 million. We are the fastest hard money lender for foreign nationals. Our document requirements are only related to the property – we understand that foreign nationals may not have US credit history, income, or banking records.
- We are a direct lender, not a broker
- Same day pre-approval
- Funding in 3 – 14 days depending on the property
- We are able to use existing appraisals on a case-by-case basis
- Loan amounts up to $5 million
|$100,000 to $5,000,000
|Up to 80% of purchase price
|Up to 70% of the ARV
|Standard is 12 months. 24-36 months is available
|First lien; second lien as additional collateral only
|1.5–2% of the loan amount
Recently Funded Hard Money Loans in Massachusetts
This Massachusetts hard money loan was a cash-out refi, the proceeds of which were used by our client to build-out ancillary commercial space that is owned by our client in the same building. The subject property, a residential condo, was purchased for $225,000 and appreciated to $290,000. Utilizing a hard money loan in Medway, MA we were able to provide a cash-out $200,000 loan at 78% LTV by including the commercial space as additional collateral. The borrower was able to pull the vast majority of his investment out of the property, leaving only $25,000 in the deal, and generating a 160% return. Our loan was later refinanced by a traditional bank.
This Boston area hard money loan was used to fix and flip a single-family house. The home was purchased after several rounds of negotiations and needed a new kitchen, bathrooms, and various cosmetic touch-ups. We provided 70% of the purchase price and 100% of the rehab costs. Our client, who had completed two other flips in the previous three years, was able to move through the project quickly. Within 4 months the entire rehab had been completed and the property was listed for sale. Demand was strong, and the property went into contact within three weeks of the listing date. Two months later, the property was sold and our loan repaid.
This hard money loan was made to a foreign national purchasing a two-bedroom condo in the Back Bay neighborhood. With a light credit history and no US income, our client was not eligible for a traditional bank loan for this investment property. However, the client was able to put down a 35% down payment, and we utilized a Boston hard money loan to fund the remaining 65%. This loan also included a 6-month interest reserve. The property needed no rehab and was quickly rented out. After demonstrating 9 months of rental history, our client was able to refinance our loan into a long-term fixed DSCR loan.
Why Use a Hard Money Loan
- If you need funding fast. As non-US Citizen, a typical bank may take months to review your loan application. If you have put down a deposit on a property, you face losing the deposit unless you can get a fast mortgage to close the loan. We can help in these situations by funding within 5 days. In fact, we have previously funded a loan in just 1 day!
- You lack the required documentation. Sometimes, it’s not a question of time, but the difficulty in producing the documents that a US bank requires to fund your mortgage. You may not have an established credit history in the US, a US address, or be able to show US income. The good news is that we do not require a credit history or such documentation for Foreign National real estate investors.
- There is an issue with the property. As a Foreign National, construction funding may be harder to obtain from a bank. If you are considering purchasing an investment property that is not completed or needs rehab, we will be able to help by providing you a hard money loan while the property is stabilized.
- If you would like a US LLC or Corporation to own the property. A traditional bank is likely to require that a Foreign National real estate investor is listed directly on the mortgage. If you prefer to purchase your real estate investment property in a corporate entity such as an LLC, not only do we prefer that as well, we actually require it. A perfect match!
Why Choose a Foreign National Hard Money Loan in Boston
Boston is among the top academic and business cities in the world. With 44 universities in the Boston metro area, and top tech and medical talent, Boston is a natural choice for many foreign national real estate investors. Whether you are looking at Beacon Hill, the Seaport District, the South End, East Boston or the Greater Boston area, we can help you with a hard money loan in a wide variety of locations. We are also able to assist foreign national real estate investors from a diverse representation of counties: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, the UK, and Ukraine to name a select few.
We are a foreign national friendly hard money lender in Boston, but can also assist in the surrounding Boston suburbs, or Cape Cod. Understanding and explaining how your immigration or residency status may affect your mortgage loan is an added value-add that we provide.
Financing your Boston Investment Property as a Foreign National
We do not require borrowers to have a US credit history, bank accounts, or evidence of income. Instead, our Boston foreign national hard money loans are based on the purchase price of the property (including 100% of renovation costs). If you are looking for a cash-out refinancing, our loan will be based on the value of the underlying real estate property. We are comfortable making loans that are used in a wide variety of situations. We do require that the property has substantial equity after our loan is made. That is, the LTV, or loan-to-value will reasonably provide sufficient coverage for the hard money loan. Also, our loans are made to an LLC that owns the property, rather than the individual foreign national investor. Please note that if you have the property under contact in your personal name or already own the property and are looking for a cash-out refinancing, it is easy to convert ownership to an LLC.
Asset-backed Lender Focused on Foreign Nationals
We provide hard money mortgage loans to foreign national real estate investors in the Boston area. Although we typically require a 30% or greater downpayment on a purchase and 35% equity in the property on a cash-out refi, if additional collateral is pledged, we can finance 100% of the value of the property. The borrower does not need to have any citizenship or permanent resident status in the US.
West Forest Capital also offers the longest private money loan available on the market for foreign national investors (3 years). This longer duration Boston hard money loan gives an extended timeframe to stabilize the property and sell, or obtain US residency and refinance our loan with a bank.
If you are a foreign national seeking a hard money loan in Boston or the surrounding Boston suburbs, we encourage you to contact us. We can typically provide you with a pre-approval right on the phone, and if needed, can issue a funding commitment letter the same day.